Jun 25, 2009

Grandma time

We just finished several days in Utah with my mom. You ate chocolate ice cream for dinner and played dolls and made yourself at home, crawling about the place and getting into every nook and corner as best you could. You had a great time and so did I. In fact, I'm not sure of all the reasons why but seeing you two together gives me more peace than anything else in the world.

Over the years, I've watched my mom spend time with and dote over her other grandchildren and it has always amazed me just how much she adores each one. She sees things in them that even their parents can't appreciate and offers a really gentle openness that let's them relax and be who they are.

And with you it is no different. If you are wondering who thinks you are the sweetest, smartest, most adorable girl in the world - it is probably your grandma.

And you know what? She might just be right.

No comments: