Sep 3, 2009

Stomach bug

A couple of years ago, we caught a bad stomach bug on the way down to Mexico. We spent the first couple of days in our hotel room drinking Pedialyte.

This year, we're getting our sickness over with the week before our trip. The good news: we will be well in time to enjoy every moment of sunshine. The bad news: having to take care of a kid when you are sick makes things about ten times worse. Also being pregnant means we are in a seriously bad situation. I'm beyond tired, I'm nauseous, I have to go to the bathroom for the 15th time this hour. My body hurts all over and my head is throbbing. On top of it all, I'm really bummed because your dad and I had a sitter arranged so we could have a date tonight.

And you? Well after just yesterday vomiting and pooping through a giant batch of laundry (which I have yet to do), and keeping us up half the night with a sore tummy, you seem to be feeling much better. Your whining about being kept in the house and don't understand why I won't just get up and take you on a walk already (!).

Lucy B, it stinks to be us today. But Mexico is going to be awesome.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh man...I'm glad you got that over with. What a pain! Can't wait for Mexico!!