Nov 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a very quiet holiday. The grandparents and cousins coming from Idaho had to cancel because of storms so it was just us. Your dad did all the dinner preparation: choosing the recipes, the shopping, and the cooking. It was fantastic.


We took a walk to the Swap Shop and then watched Pocahontas. After talking a lot about Indians and pilgrims this month, the movie was a perfect fit. Lucy loved it and immediately wanted to watch it again. The fighting in the movie was confusing though. You asked about a hundred why questions. And I'll tell you, power lust, greed, and racism are not easy to explain in appropriate terms for a 2-year-old.


After dinner, we went to Franny and Dave's house to visit and have dessert. It was strange to be without our big family for the holiday and I am so grateful for friends who made us feel welcome and loved. That is what Thanksgiving is all about.


All in all, I feel so lucky I should run out and buy a lottery ticket. But you know what? I think I already won.