Oct 25, 2011

Intervention!

Uh oh. My office has gotten totally out of control. Totally. Out of control. My inner hoarder has been amassing "stuff" and it is getting away of work and life.

I'm staging my own intervention. I'm posting here so I will feel the need to follow up. If you never hear about this again, you'll know I failed miserably and decided to keep everything in the scramble that it is, or simply start a fire and run away.

Both of those options are seriously tempting. We're fighting genetics here and the pull is more intense than I want to admit.

But the stakes are high. My dad has "lived" in a house with pathways to and from the kitchen and bathroom for decades. His addiction to stuff has cost him several marriages and most other relationships as well. For example, he has spent thousands of hours in the DI and maybe 5 hours with the two of you.

So... here is the sign I'm putting on the wall today
The "Before"


And some inspiration


Wish me some serious luck.

No comments: