Sep 19, 2012

Overheard at our house

Lucy

Our budding feminist
Mama: "Maybe Mr. Fixit can come fix that."
Lucy: "Or maybe Mrs. Fixit."
One-word responses the exact intonation of a teenager (where did you hear these?)
"Fine!"
"Whatever!" 
In better moments.
"Thanks mom so so so so so much. I LOVE it."
Apparently comfortable with death
Jeremy: "When Harry is 20, Lucy will be 22."
Lucy: "Yeah, and you'll be dead!" 

Henry 

After listening to Halloween music
Daddy singing: "Who ya gonna call?"
Henry: "Ghost mustard! "
A new kind of familiarization to everything we see
"I'm the baby dragon and you're the mama dragon."
Not always so flattering...
"I'm the baby swamp. And you're the mama swamp."
Rolling roll-play
Henry: "Can you come pway wid me?"
Mama: "Sure."
Henry: "You brum that and I'll talk to you. (to the cars) What's your name? Want to drive to Mexico?"
At mealtime and when we come home
"How was your day, Daddy?"
Typical Henry dream
"Cars and trucks. And tractors and trains. And a helicopter!"
Not so fond of shoes or clothes
"I don't like some shoes. I want bare feet."
Heard less and less frequently
"Can I have some miwky miwks?"
And since there isn't milky milk to be had...
"How about we put some more miwk in dere."
Too cute for words
"That's the biggest tree I eeeeeeeever seen."

No comments: