Dec 2, 2014

Chemo fashions for a baby?


While on Doernbecher's cancer unit, I noticed that the babies and kids on the unit were either not wearing clothes, or wearing ill-fitting hospital gowns. During treatment, their skin is ultra-sensitive. The oft-washed flannel sheets and gowns didn't seem very comfortable. I certainly wouldn't want to wear pajamas made out of that stuff, even if they did actually fit.

Finding my friend's baby something to wear seemed like a small way to help him. I decided to try tshirt fabric because it is what I prefer on sensitive skin and most kids like it. I like to sew so I'm trying these items.
I'll update the post as we try them out and find out what adjustments need to be made for them to work.

Another item to try: infant or toddler hospital gown

No comments: