Nov 22, 2009

The beginning of a loooooong trimester

I hit my third trimester this week and have been pretty miserable ever since. It turns out my hips have separated early because of my surging hormones and they ache all of the time. Walking is difficult and sleeping sometimes impossible. A belt from the physical therapist seems to be helping somewhat but relief probably won't come until this baby is fully cooked and into the world.

On the bright side, I am happy to understand the problem. I had thought it was the baby's head causing sciatica and the yoga stretches and exercises I was doing to "remedy" the pain were actually making things worse. It is also a relief that the baby isn't causing the pain by sitting on a nerve. My superstitious side was seeing that as a really bad sign for the lifetime relationship just beginning.

But three more months. Of this, really? What sounded like nothing a week ago is now looking like an eternity.

And just to add the cherry on top, I got my first "Oooo, you must be due any day now." That phrase really should be banned from society. I'm guessing I'll be hearing it a lot from here on out. Hopefully I can keep myself from murdering anyone in response as I'd hate to miss Christmas and your high school graduation.

So - I'm sorry if I get crabby sometimes and won't carry you up the stairs anymore. I thought we could hold onto our norm for a while longer but the changes in your life are beginning and will continue,well, forever. For all of our sakes, I hope you will be just like your dad and look for the positive in whatever comes.

Love,
Your aching mama

No comments: