Nov 26, 2009

So much to be thankful for

It's Thanksgiving today. Grandma and Papa Crow are here with Jamie, Jayson, and your beloved cousin Dane. Dinner is close to ready and the smell and sounds of preparation are filling the house. More friends will be arriving soon. We have a whole weekend of family fun and delicious food ahead of us.

You are having a nap and I am laying on the bed, treasuring the baby moving around inside of me. I simultaneously cannot wait to meet him and want to hold him inside me forever. My heart is overfull with gratitude for all the love filling this house, and the tiny baby filling my body.

I want to stop time and hold this moment in my heart always.

Thank you for being my daughter, Lucy. I love you and am so happy to have you in my life. Being a mom is really hard sometimes but it is also an amazing gift. Every day with you brings new challenges and treasures. Thank you for helping me learn and grow, and for all the joy you bring along the way.

With love,
Mama

No comments: