Apr 4, 2010

Henry's blessing

We want you to know that your heavenly and earthly families love and cherish you. They want you to grow and develop, they will be there for you to give you guidance and teaching, advice and inspiration.


I bless your ears to hear and learn those things that will make you a better person.

I bless your back to be strong to withstand temptation and those things that would bring you down. I bless you with the strength to lift others up.

I bless your hands that they may be actively engaged in good works. That they will help you show compassion and give peace and comfort to others.


I bless your tongue that you may speak with strength and conviction and truth; that you may be a mouthpiece for those who can not speak for themselves. I bless you that you will use your words to help others to grow and learn.

I bless your eyes to see and appreciate the beauty in the world and to see the beauty in others and appreciate it.

I bless your legs that they may be strong to carry you on this journey, that they may take you places and help you experience others’ customs and cultures.


I bless your mind that you will learn and take those experiences to create wisdom. I bless you with a thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn.

I bless your heart that it will be filled with that greatest of all Christ’s teachings: to love one another. That that love can give purpose to and drive your blessings, talents, and abilities so that you will be a source for good to others on their journey through life.

Please know that your family loves you very much.


As given by your father with the help of Uncles David, Will, George and Sean; Great Uncle Russell; and Bishop Young from our home ward. The blessing took place on Easter Sunday, April 4, 2010, among family at Grandma's house in Salt Lake City.

No comments: