Aug 20, 2010

Helmet - 7 weeks in

Henry, your head is shaping out nicely. We started with a 13 mm difference between one side of your head and the other. Now, we are down to 6 mm - very good news!

The strange thing is that I recognize you better with your helmet on than off right now. I'm so used to seeing it on you that it's quite a shock to see your black hair again. It has grown out a little and unlike other babies, you don't have any bald spots in the back. You look like such a little boy. I can hardly believe you are growing so fast. Slow down won't ya!?

The helmet still smells - increasingly as they day goes on. Washing it every day with baby shampoo and a toothbrush certainly helps. And just like everything else I associate with you, I'm growing attached to that silly odor. Heaven help me, I'm attached to the smell of sweaty helmet.
During the hour you have it off, we have your bath and then a little play time. You snuggle your head right into my neck, come up to smile at my face, and then dive back down into my neck. I dare say you miss that as much as I do and my heart melts every time we play our snuggle game.

Oh Henry, I am so happy you are in our family. Nothing could have been complete without you.

No comments: