Aug 17, 2010

Not quite terrible two

Lucy, you and I are growing through another set of challenges lately. You are trying on your independence and wanting to push every limit and boundary. Totally typical for your age. Still totally exhausting for me and I've come close to losing my temper with you more than once.

I feel like I get the brunt of it but others are seeing your angst as well. Apparently, you performed a full-on, laying on the ground tantrum at school. I am not sorry I missed that episode.

I feel for you and really do want to help. I can see that you are really frustrated with the limits of what your body and mind can control. And there isn't an easy fix. We can't just skip over this part. Every step is important.

So we are just working our way through. Some days better than others. Both of us growing up in big ways.

Last week you couldn't hop; this week you can. Last week I thought my limit was there; now I know it is at least here.

I won't say it's pretty but we are making progress. Aren't we? I really, really hope so.

1 comment:

Deb said...

That picture is priceless! I know the feeling...I can see it in your face in the background! Hang in there!!

Love you all!