Sep 30, 2010

Obstacle course


The Warrior Dash looks crazy but I kind of want to do it. You get to "Duke's of hazard" slide over 20 cars, repel down rocks, climb over hay bales, and crawl in the mud. My 50-ish friend did it and survived. Think I could?

I'm in training now if you count the obstacle course that the last 7 months have been. Here's that course description:
  • Crash through the starting gate at full speed
  • Cough your guts out the top, and give birth out the bottom
  • Make 31 laps to and from the laundry room
  • Tackle toddler eating crayons while holding infant at boob
  • Push the stroller 5 miles in a rainstorm
  • Stay up three nights in a row
  • Dash 2 miles uphill to the office and convincingly make believe you are sane
  • Recite The Cat in the Hat backward, from memory
  • Strap on 50 pounds of kid and dance to the Grinch song
  • Repel 300 ft down into a hormonal ravine and then claw back up using only your fallen out hair and diet coke
  • Go on a nit hunt and clean all the bodies, furniture and stuff in the house with a toothbrush
  • Recover from (yet another) bout of mastitis and cheerfully cook three meals no one will eat
  • Change a diaper with your teeth while nursing a sick toddler
  • Step over the "finish line" (where exactly do I find that?), fall over, and pass out
Yup - I think I can handle the Warrior Dash no problem.

I love you, my little obstacle course buddies. You certainly keep life interesting.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanna do that!!! The muddy, hay bale one (not that the other doesn't sound fun). But seriously, I looked into it last year and thought it sounded so crazy awesome. When you're ready, let me know...let's do it together!