Sep 23, 2010

Pain in the you know where

A whole lot of panic boiled down to about 5 lice eggs in Lucy's hair. The rest of us (I think) are clean but the idea has made my head itch often enough that between all the vacuuming and loads of laundry, I've asked Daddy to check me more than once by flashlight. We followed all the recommended advice. I can only hope others in the school will do the same so we don't get this again. It is no fun!

It didn't seem like lice was very common in Utah where I grew up. I still remember the names of the two kids sent home in third grade because they had it. Here, it seems like many families have at least one run-in and I've talked to moms whose kids have had it multiple times. Serious downside to living in this climate and our chemical-eschewing neighborhood. Plus, the school system no longer checks for it so it can spread widely before people realize it is a problem.

Oh well. Now I know exactly how many loads of laundry it takes to wash every bit of bedding and blanket in the house (8) and Lucy got to watch part of Monsters Inc while we meticulously combed through her hair. TV mid-week and at bed time? It was such a treat, she behaved perfectly and didn't even question why.

No comments: