Feb 17, 2012

"Checking ears"

Henry, you are on the mend from your second double ear infection!

You were acting sick yesterday morning and luckily we had your 2-year checkup scheduled for the afternoon so you got some medicine for your ears along with the usual measurements and immunizations.

Part of your annual exam is to fill our forms assessing your development. One of the questions was about typical speech so I wrote down "Henry going to doctor, checking ears." and "I wanna try that." – sentences you said while I was filling out the form and nothing unusual for you. You've been talking in full sentences for a while now, conjugating verbs, using this/that correctly, switching persons (I/you/she) etc. You are a talker just like your sister.

Dr. Ruden was quite impressed with the form and may not have believed me until he watched you stack their testing blocks – ALL 11 of them. "I've never in my 36 years seen a 2-yr-old do that."

So there you have it, my sweet boy. Medicine to "fix a ears" and confirmation that you are thriving and growing in amazing ways.

I love you sweet boy. Feel better soon!

Here's a little video of you walking to school this morning, pushing your stroller. Note the veering to be sure you go through every puddle – and interest in identifying all the plants along the way.

No comments: