Apr 19, 2012

Better than stand up comedy

Lucy, I'm sorry. I was not incredibly sensitive this morning. You got your hand stuck in the door jam and I all I could do was laugh. And it just got worse from there.

Mama, smirking: "How can I help you?"

Lucy, very serious: "I don't know?"

Mama, barely containing laughter: "How did you get your hand in there?"

Lucy, very serious: "I don't know?"

Mama, clenching teeth to hold it in: "Was the door all the way open?"

Lucy, very serious: "I don't know?"

Mama, practically snorting: "What were you doing?"

Lucy, still very serious: "I don't know?"

Mama, losing it in laughter, has to take a moment to compose herself before she finally gets you unstuck.

Just three minutes before this, you had been upstairs explaining why a leotard makes a perfectly good "outfit" (I had to talk you into at least socks and a sweater). And then you went downstairs and promptly shoved your hand into a door jam?

If you were an adult, this would be called insanity. Since you are a toddler, this is just called thinking. And sometimes it is impossible not to laugh at your thinking.

Lucy - unstuck, dressed and ready to go.

No comments: