Apr 13, 2012

Herding cats

Walking to and from school lately is a comedy of errors.

This morning, it took us a full hour to walk the 10 blocks - with the additional jobs of checking all the pipes, color typing all of the cars, collecting various "treasures," discussing filters, and smelling all the plants (and several rocks) on the way.


I really enjoy the walking adventures. Well, except for the required constant state of alertness and a fair amount of wrangling/negotiating to get you there safe and sound.

Setting of my alarm bells this morning:
  • Henry: darting into the street, eating a coin found on the sidewalk, running the opposite direction of school every 35 seconds.
  • Lucy: picking up "beautiful" pieces of broken glass, playing with and wanting to taste a mysterious white powder on the sidewalk, finding a rusted razor blade.
And now, back home and just about to start a days work - I am wondering, where in the house did Lucy leave her bowl full of "pet ants."

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh my goodness. your life is so wonderfully entertaining! it makes me wonder. Do I not have those funny, sweet, moments like you or do I just not notice them enough? Or maybe I'm just not as good of a writer so when I tell it it's not as exciting. Whatever the case, I love reading about your every day moments.