Sep 7, 2013

At the salon

We got our haircut together yesterday. I have always cut your hair but I thought you would enjoy the salon experience. It didn't quite go that way...


Translation: you hated it. I am not sure why except that you have been quite the stress case waiting these last few weeks before Kindergarten. Poor girl, I know full well that anxiety is supreme torture.

After your cut, you wandered back to the lobby where you combined every sugar packet they had (14) with cold water and a tea bag to make a truly awful special cup of peppermint tea.

During your mixings, I got the same haircut I've been getting for years. It is sometimes a bit shorter or longer but always basically like this:




As I was using my phone to see the back of my head (little people keep breaking my hand mirror) - I was remembering all the perms I got as a kid. Usually just before school started - and lasting until spring, looking something like this.


I did not even know my hair was so curly until I visited humid Spain when I was 18. If there was any humidity in Utah, I would have escaped a lot of hours sitting in rollers.

No comments: