Aug 16, 2013

A side dish of miracles

 
Pretty much sums up how I feel

It has been hectic since we got back. Things to catch up on. Household care to get back to. Routines to start up again.

I am moving forward and getting through it but I feel a bit lost. I keep losing track of time and days. It's like the clock stopped with Papa and all the gears are not quite moving again.

I had no idea how much it would hurt to lose him. How much it would shake up my well being from the core.

You are both watching a show. I was making some "whatever is in the vegetable bin" soup since getting to the store and finding what we need sounds strangely insurmountable. I did try but I have been so spacey that when I went, I forgot toilet paper not once, not twice, but THREE times. Thus, the fridge is a bit bare and there are boxes of kleenex by the toilets in the house.

And now - someone just brought us dinner. Kid friendly, healthy, veggie filled dinner. Another small miracle in our lives.

Bringing dinner, sending a card - these things may not have seemed heroic a few weeks ago but they sure do now. I really had no idea how valuable and helpful this careful support could be.

I had no idea we are so loved and cared for.

I am grateful. I am humbled. And you are both fed and happy.

No comments: