May 7, 2015

7 years of Lucy

I sigh that kiss you,
For I must own
That I shall miss you
When you have grown.

~ Yeats
(echoed in the heart of every parent in the world)


Lucy, I can't believe it's already been seven years since you were born!


In the thousands of days that we have spent together since then, you've changed me in thousands of ways. I am a new person because of you. Our life is totally different because of you.


It has not been easy and we have had some horrible days here and there. But I would not trade you all the uninterrupted sleep in the world.


I am thankful for seven years of visiting every which place across town where we can art and create together.


Seven years of exploring books and nature, finding all kinds to new things to do. Along with new ways to dirty So. Much. Laundry.


Seven years of hugs and kisses and laughing at all your crazy ideas. Countless moments when my heart has swollen so large, I picture it busting out of its frame, just like the Grinch's.


Seven years of growing into being (hopefully) the Mama you will need for the next seven years and beyond.

Yours forever,
Mama

No comments: