Nov 5, 2008

So much to celebrate

November 4, 2008 was a big day for our family and for the world. 

My mom turned 70 years old. We were in town to help celebrate at her surprise party. And watching her love her grandkids and treat them like they are the most precious things in the world - I've fallen in love with her all over again. She is amazing and I am so grateful to have her in my life. 

November 4th also brought us  a new president and at last I am hopeful for a better future. War, skyrocketing national debt, economic downturn, health care system in crisis,  - it's been a scary time to watch the news. I do hope things start to improve.

And the most powerful man on the planet will soon be black. I am also so excited that you will grow up in the world where a black president and first family are normal. Don't get me wrong - I didn't vote for him just because he is black - but oh, I am so happy that he is. This is such a huge step for mankind. I am proud of us for moving forward and hopeful for a more diverse and equitable leadership for our country and beyond.

No comments: