Jan 17, 2012

Things kids say

From Lucy:
  • Patterine = pattern as in "I think I'll bite my toast into a patterine."
  • On Martin Luther King Junior = "Oh yes, he was a man of peace and kindness."
  • On technology = "Text daddy and ask him to get that movie from the Internet to watch on the iPad."
  • On travel = "When we go to Mexico, I'll wear special glasses so when I swim underwater, I can see fish and mermaids.
  • On chores = "but I really wish I could snap like Marry Poppins."
  • On the likelihood (slim) of a peaceful teen-mom relationship = "Mom, everything you say makes me so angry."
  • On sibling relations = "But he likes it."
  • "Say stop growing." = you want to play the game where I scold you for growing and try to think of ways to keep you small such as locking you in a tower or not feeding you. Silly, sweet girl.
  • "I could kill myself I love it so much." = Wow. You sure are listening to everything people say around you.
  • "I tooted in my own face." = Toddler humor. I don't get it but you sure do.
  • "But mama, I'm just confused about this." = One of many bedtime stall tactics.
  • "I love you more and more and more." = music in my ears. And back at you!

From Henry:
  • Tundell = tunnell, important to shout this if one is spotted. The louder the better.
  • No. Good. Danks. = perfectly timed one-word sentences. Love.
  • Mommy, let's play trains! = frequent request.
  • Night, night = favorite game of laying down and hiding under a blanket or pillow while I search and find you.
  • Oh no, oh no! = another favorite game, said while crashing things together and making a mess of whatever is in the vicinity.
  • Mama, watch dis! = said before doing a "trick" such as jumping on two feet or making a cool pose. Repeat 20-30 times in a row.
  • One, three, four, five, six, seven! = counting is getting better, sometimes getting into the teens. Important that the final number sounds like a triumphant, much like ta-da!
  • Trikator = spider, you are fascinated with their webs.
  • I wanna whole Jew = pick me up, please. No relation to the religion or race.
  • Mao weed = married. Two things kissing: dolls, trucks, bites of food. Quite a chaste definition!
  • I wan milky milks = request for breast milk. My milk supply is nearly gone but I think we both like the holds and oh my - for a few moments every day, you still feel like (and look like!) a baby.
  • "Bwess you, daddy." "Tank you, wucy." "Help, peas." = consistent, sweet manners! Almost impressive until you start pulling hair and take a bite out of my shoulder.
  • "Poopy head. Poopy head." = Said to be funny. Said when frustrated. Said to answer a question when you don't like either option given. Said when I'm giving you the stern look after you've done something bad. Said - a lot! Apparently the go to, naughty phrase du jour.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I LOVE this! Those little phrases are so cute and you will be so glad you wrote them down! Thanks for making me laugh :)