Jan 30, 2012

Winter blues

January is almost over. It has felt like a very long journey. And it has been - the journey back to our routine. I didn't realize the holiday break would upset so much of our normalcy but we've jumped right to the waking at night (ugh), the crying at drop off (worst thing ever), the constant gray and rain (sigh), and no extended family in sight (boo).

I'm convinced this combination could bring down an empire, much less an anxiety-prone mama.

So, I forgive myself for feeling bleak and tired of it all. I'm back on medication and determined to take it regularly for a while - for all our sakes.

Mexico is next week and we are all excited (maybe not Henry yet). I am praying for a healthy family, relaxing days of beach fun, smooth travel, and a much less arduous transition back into our lives after this break.

I love you all so much.

Mama


No comments: