Nov 18, 2012

In and out of Lucy's closet


Stole: Millie
Crown: Aunt Deb
Pirate belt: Grandma Crow
Nightgown you insist is a dress: Mama

Occasion: Sunday playtime

It's always a surprise to see how you put everything together. With such expressive fashion, I think of it as a window into how you see the world.

Perhaps, part of the reason I find your clothes so amusing is that I reach for the same pair of cords and a plain t-shirt every chance I get. No really - I wore the welts right off my last pair of cords and I'm working on doing the same to this one.

I have exactly one bejeweled cardigan. You dig through my drawers and pull it out frequently, strongly suggesting I wear it. Why, you seem to wonder, would I possibly not?

Well, I usually don't and most of its wear will come from you dragging it around after me, rather than from actual wash and wearings.

Is our difference in fashion due to our ages? To our completely different personalities? Undoubtedly both.

Although, I do remember some chuckles from Pam Smith when I once wore snow pants down to play with Barbara in July. Hm. Perhaps there is a pair of welt-less cords in your distant future after all.

No comments: