Oct 24, 2008

Heading to Utah

We're off to Utah tomorrow for 10 days.

Without...

Your...

Dad.

After taking 3 months off for paternity leave and with holiday travels coming up, he just can't take all the days off so you and I are heading off without him and I am more than a little nervous. 

I think many new dads share a lot of the child-rearing these days. Your dad in particular has been right in there every step of the way. He knows your noises and quirks as well as I do. Sometimes I can calm you a little better and I've definitely got a leg up in the feeding department but he can certainly hold his own and you and I both look forward to every minute he is home.

Plus, over the 11 years we've been married, Jeremy and I have never been apart this long. I am quite sure that way before the end of this trip, I will be missing him like crazy.

So alas - in the face of 10 days without him - I'm feeling a little lost. I am sure we will manage but I hope you'll be patient with me over the rough spots; there are bound to a few.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I was in Utah to see you.
Hope you have fun. Fly a lot now while Lucy is free:)