Jan 25, 2009

How to become a dancer in nine (hundred thousand) easy steps

Yesterday, I went to a dance class at BodyVox.  I almost didn't go as I wasn't sure I could keep up. I knew it would take balance, strength, stamina, flexibility and athleticism - all of which have practically evaporated out of my system over the past few years. I've been caught up with other parts of life, working, then pregnancy and now, you and haven't made time to keep it up. But something is still in there. Somewhere down deep I found a little spark to offer and though I didn't soar, I didn't collapse either. It was enough. No - it was wonderful. 

Of course, today I've got bruises up and down me from the floor work and I can hardly pick you up because my upper back is so sore. Ah well. I'm still smiling about it. 

This is the instructor, Ashley Roland. No, we didn't do anything remotely like this.

No comments: