Jan 8, 2009

Practically perfect

I am back to working half-time this week and here to help is our brand-new, part-time nanny. She came to us recommended through a friend and boy are we grateful. It's not quite like having the perfect person blow in off the wind but it has been pretty close. 

You seem to be getting on really well with her. I am having a harder time adapting than you for sure - first, to letting someone into our home and lives so intimately; and second, to switching roles daily and sometime hourly. Overall, I don't feel at balance yet and I find all the change quite exhausting.  

Making decisions about childcare and work has been very difficult but I feel lucky to have so many options and such a supportive work environment.  Kudos to the thousands of women out there than handle my load and so much more. 

No comments: