Mar 1, 2009

Primary lessons

Today in primary, we talked about family roles and responsibilities. I've been in the primary for years and this topic comes up a lot. It warms my heart every time because the kids absolutely light up and are so happy to talk about or sings songs about their families. You can really tell that the kids love and look up to their parents, grandparents and siblings. Each child seems to believe that their mom is the most beautiful and that their dad is the bravest, smartest man in the world.  

It was even more special today because when they were talking about their moms, I was thinking  "oh yeah, I'm the mom now - that's me!"

Here's what a mom does according to the Colonial Heights primary:
"Helps me find my clothes"
"Teaches me how to unload the dishwasher"
"Makes good things to eat"
"Sometimes does the dishes"
"Takes me to the doctor and makes soup when I'm sick"
"Sings songs that make us happy"

It looks like Jeremy has got his work cut out for him too. According to the kids:
"Dads lift the heavy furniture around the house"
"Dads protect the family. Like, when it looks like there is someone peaking in through the window, he comes with a baseball bat and makes sure there isn't anyone there."

Well, I think there is a little more to it than that, but that should get us started.

No comments: