Jan 4, 2011

Reclaiming the mothership



Once again, my life way too closely resembles a comic strip. This one has been sitting on my desk since I cut it out over a year ago. Oh sweet Wanda, I do feel your pain.

The good news is that the extra weight is gone. It seems crazy that 60+ pounds has come and gone twice without me having to think about it much. Wow! (more like HOLY &@*! - but that would not be very motherly of me to say.)

The bad news is that various bits and bobs really don't fit together like they used to. And there are whole sections of muscles that seem to be missing. I'm left with odd twinges and clothes that don't fit right.

Will my hips always ache like this?

When and how will my abdominal muscles ever recover?

Should I just get rid of all my shoes and start over?

Well, I think I am ready to find out so I joined a gym in our neighborhood. But the big question is - when will I find the time and energy to go? Hm.

2 comments:

Starbelly Sneech said...

Dig it- yo! that gym is so very portland! Just like the time we saw the smart car almost crash into the prius in the parkinglot of the local eco-brewery!

Unknown said...

I'm crying from too much laughter. Hysterical!