May 7, 2013

Lucy is 5!!


Happy birthday Lucy B.


That is 5 years. 60 months. 1,826 packed to the brim days with YOU in our lives.


From the highs and the lows, I can hardly think about all that we have gone through together. Your existance has changed me so wholly; I am not remotely the same person I was before.


So many firsts. So many sharp and wonderful memories. So many missteps and lessons learned by this fledgling mama. So many treasures I will carry with me always.


I don't know how I've survived it.


I don't know how I ever survived without you.


Sharing this journey with you has been such an experience. I am so overwhelmed by it all, and also so grateful.


Next year, you will go to kindergarten. You are already starting to read and write! The whole world is about to open up to you. Everything is going to get more complicated and rich with options and information.


I ache for the hurdles you will face. And soar with the accomplishments that are coming your way so soon. Reading! Friends! Art!


I will try to keep up. Try to love you in the ways that you need. Try not to smother you when you need me to let go.


You are such a treasure. Such a wonder. Such a joy.


Thank you for the thousand dimensions you've added to my life. I am forever grateful to be your mama.


xoxoxo,
Mom

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

It's so amazing how these photos can make me so happy and so sad at the same time. Remembering our baby girl who's gone to history, but seeing the excitement and wonder that's in our little lady today as she heads into the future.