May 1, 2013

The big K!



We had our introductory night at Buckman Elementary last night. I think it worked.

Before it started: "I don't want to go here. I just want to go home." Clingy, nervous lip-biting.
After the photos and tour: "This is my school. Can I start tomorrow?" Bouncy smiles, rushing away to touch treasures in all the rooms.
You are so ready, and the kindergarten rooms are like wonderlands. Art! Posters! Classroom pets! I'm so excited for you.

And kudos for making a great first impression by reading "Violet" and "Henry" in the hallway art. We did not mention that those happen to be a favorite friend and your brother.

Now on to part B of our master plan where we find the perfect house just a few blocks from the school. Hm.

 And then figure out how to juggle Henry's care and commute schedules while you are in two different schools for TWO WHOLE YEARS.

Having wonderful care for you both at Wren's Nest (within walking distance!) has been spoiling for sure.

No comments: