Feb 10, 2014

Part way to 'Woo Hoo, what a ride!'

Dear Jeremy,

Happy birthday! I am so happy to celebrate 43 wonderful years of you.

My, you have grown - but it looks like you have the same hairstyle. 

I met you almost 19 years ago and from that first day, I felt like I knew you. And I did a little bit, from Will's letters and things he had told me about you. But there was something else - such a powerful connection and pull to be close to you. You were wonderful. And I felt wonderful next to you - just calm in my own skin. I didn't want to be anywhere else or anyone else. I was hooked.

A favorite college-age photo of you in Teton

And oh the adventures we have had since that first day! I am so happy about this life we have together.

The "FiveCrows show" is full of great episodes like this one.

There are friends, and there are treasures; there are gifts and there is luck. And then there is you.

Of course, the new characters added in the last 6 seasons have changed things!

You are my best friend and my greatest treasure. Just being with you and understanding the whole of who you are is the greatest gift I could ever have. And I will always consider myself lucky for having found you.

Scene from "FiveCrows - The Musical"

You read this to me from the paper the other day and it stuck in my mind.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, 'Woo Hoo, what a ride.'"
Yup. You've still got it.

But I will pass on the latte, leaving one hand free to clutch yours. Hand-in-hand, life is pretty sweet. And I have no regrets in being part way through to "Woo hoo, what a ride" right next to you.

xoxo,
Margaret

More photos here

No comments: