Jun 30, 2014

State of this union

Please.

Don't waste my time with talk of tank tops.

Or women seeking priesthood.

Or just how e x a c t l y one's sexuality must be reigned

Change is painful but it's more than time.

And there is so much more.

SO much more to be done.

Dirty rivers and oceans
Rampant waste of the earth's resources
Poverty and homelessness
War zones
Gun violence
Third world injustices
Rape culture (do you understand what that means?)
Mine fields
Energy crises
Climate change
Widespread obesity and eating disorders

Get over it already.

We have BIG problems to fix.

Defining my place in what is to come by my chromosomal makeup is not helping me.

I want to serve a purpose. Be a force of change. Lend my passions to bettering lives and our planet. Inspire others to be brave. Move forward to create stronger communities and a healthier culture.

I want to live up to my heroes. Not down to your fears.

And you want to talk about tank tops.

No comments: